OK, I'm not sure how to put a visual on here so I'm just going to bring my visual piece to class tomorrow.....
OK, onto item two. It has long been disputed if Shakespeare actually wrote his own plays. Some believe that Bacon or others actually wrote it. I have a mixed argument. I believe that Shakespeare did the actual writing, but based off of ideas and concepts he "stole" from other authors and play writes. As my AP Literature teacher once said: "writers are all liars and thieves." I completely agree with this, but I think it's a stretch to say that he wrote none of his own stuff.
I've heard another argument that Shakespeare was either a collective name for multiple authors to hide behind, or a pseudonym for a single author. Not only did Shakespeare come out and act in some of his own plays, but many people knew him, and he was married to Ann Hathaway, who he has multiple children with.
No comments:
Post a Comment