Sunday, January 13, 2013

Lazy Teenagers?

I read a news article today that hit a nerve. This general theme was that teens today are too stupid, too lazy, too sexual, or too fat. It generalized every teen in the US as a 600 pound, middle school dropout prostitute with a drug problem. WOW, REALLY?  

OK, just for the record, two summers ago I went for a 143 mile bike ride with my brother, I did my first century when I was 13, I've done the MS150 bike tour 5 years in a row, I go running every day, and I've lettered in both track and cross country. I get over all good grades, I read the unabridged 1600 page version of Les Miserables, I memorized pi out to the 80th digit for fun, and I've gotten over 100% in a class before. Also, I'm currently still with my FIRST boyfriend and we've been together 2 1/2 years, and I've never done drugs.

Asides from me, none of my friends have done drugs, only two of them have ever flunked a class, and none of them have gotten pregnant. Just saying. Take that CNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment