Someone called me a name today, and it hurt. I then started thinking about how one little word can literally obliterate one's entire day. And then it brought me to the thought that one little word can make someone's day worth living and encourage them to go out and do something amazing. So everyone, THIS IS PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.
It's super duper ridiculously X 10,000 easy to bark out something hurtful when you are mad, but hold it in. When that little word sits in someones mind and begins to rankle it will end up doing infinitely more damage than you were intending. I think we all know from fighting someone before that even if that person comes back with 5,000 compliments the only thing remembered the next day is that one insult they threw at you while they were in a rage. So be careful with your words. Maybe think about dropping a compliment randomly everyday for someone, who knows what greatness it will inspire.
Also I have to make a gender comment. As a girl I know that we are stereotypically more hurt by words than guys. Because I'm not a guy I can't prove or disprove that, all I want to say it: Does it matter? They still will hurt the victim in the long run, so hold it in, or you'll regret it later. Hatred can only feed on itself.
No comments:
Post a Comment