OK I have a lot of pet peeves but it's not because I'm super judgmental or anything. Honest. It's not you it's me. Anyway, one of my biggest are the people who say the word "like" way too many times in each thought or sentence. One time I was put into a school group with a girl named Kelly and in one sentence she managed to incorrectly use the word "like" a total of 15 times, I succeeded in not smacking her with a dictionary.
It also gets me extraordinarily annoyed when people sit around and complain loudly about their problems and never do anything about it or even worse, dig themselves in deeper. My mom once sat on the couch drinking tea and watching TV and started loudly complaining about how she had no time for anything. I stifled a sarcastic remark.
Also it gets on my nerves when people show up to track or cross country meets and smoke. I mean, WTF! If you had just done a very physically exhausting task and were dying for air I wouldn't walk up and blow smoke in YOUR face so don't do it to me. Jeez.
My biggest pet peeve of all is definitely when people act misogynistic and say anything along the lines of "men are better than women" or when I hear someone say to a pregnant women "I hope it's a boy." Really? That's disgusting. I take that personally, parents should love their children regardless of their gender, and it's despicable to say otherwise. Some people act like it's a bad thing to have a daughter. Excuse me? Are they saying I should have been aborted because my dad didn't give me a Y chromosome?
No comments:
Post a Comment