Well, so far not too much porn like I was expecting, which is good because I get enough of that from modern day TV, film and books. I loved reading the Pardoner's Tale today. While I was reading it seemed cliche in today's standards. Then I realized that this type of story wouldn't be cliche at all for the time period it was written in. This was probably a very novel and entertaining concept back in the day. I love how Chaucer uses irony instead of blatantly stating his opinion, it makes the punchline/ main point of the tales much more powerful. From the tales you can begin to understand just how strongly the dislikes the hypocritical state of the Church in he 1400's. The pardoner is almost a micro church Church which Chaucer uses to point out large abuses which the entire church is guilty of at this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment