Sunday, February 10, 2013

Grendels view Point

I heard noises coming from the castle I had conquered, but saw nothing stirring within.
I entered the hall and  saw many men asleep on MY floor.
Anger burst open within me, I had fought hard for this hall once, why should I have to do it again?
I was also hungry, so I decided to fix both problems in one act, and eat my intruders.
I picked up a crunchy looking morsel in armor and ripped an arm off and took a bite,
then I ate the other leg, then the head. It was delicious. While enjoying my first snack, my food awoke the others.

The stirred and looked at me in fear. I went to pick up the second delectable, which was still asleep, or so I thought.  This one jumped up and brought his sword down upon me before I could even take one bite. I shouted the name of Cain in anger, and dropped the meaty looking man. He swung at me again, but this I dodged and tried to club him with my fist, but he was too quick. This enraged him and he brought the blade across my face while giving a battle cry. My first thought was too escape this fowl thing, I just wanted food, not a fight. For this man was of a different breed than the men that defended the hall before. This one did not run and hide like the others.

For a long while we battled, although the entire time I just wanted to escape, to crawl back to my pit and sleep. But every time I tried to escape I was perused and slashed at with his cruel blade. We made quite a clatter as we battle and swung at each other. I had many cuts and  had lost many pints of blood when finally this cruel man jumped on top of me and began togging at my arm. I tried to back against a wall and crush him between me and it, but before I got there a terrible pain shot through my back and in to my arm, until a horrid cracking a ripping noise ushered from my shoulder and that vile man fall to the ground with it in his grasp. I shrieked in agony and ran from the hall, hoping for death to take me quickly once I reached my swamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment