Alright, after an extensive search I can't really find any sources of the name Grendel. I'm hypothesizing that this is because the epic poem Beowulf predates almost all other writings and records of English, so it makes sense that no record would be found on the source of one name within it. Although, if any were found it may source back to Cain somehow since it states that Grendel is a spawn of Cain.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Grendel
Hey everyone just a heads up my AP Composition Blog is not my British Literature Blog. For my first blog post, I am researching the history of the name Grendel, the name of the demon which took over Hrothgar's palace. Also, I included some images of Grendel I found online for kicks, enjoy! I though this would be interesting since Grendel sounds feminine to me for whatever reason.


Alright, after an extensive search I can't really find any sources of the name Grendel. I'm hypothesizing that this is because the epic poem Beowulf predates almost all other writings and records of English, so it makes sense that no record would be found on the source of one name within it. Although, if any were found it may source back to Cain somehow since it states that Grendel is a spawn of Cain.
Alright, after an extensive search I can't really find any sources of the name Grendel. I'm hypothesizing that this is because the epic poem Beowulf predates almost all other writings and records of English, so it makes sense that no record would be found on the source of one name within it. Although, if any were found it may source back to Cain somehow since it states that Grendel is a spawn of Cain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment