Sunday, December 2, 2012

Blob Fish



This is a blob fish. I'm guessing it's pretty self explanatory why it's called that. I thought this would be a cool animal to dedicate my next blog to, or should I say, blob? OK, sorry, that was a really lame joke.

Anyway, this amazing animal has been featured on many many lists such as Worlds Ugliest Animals and Saddest Looking Marine Creature. Recently there has been concerns that this fish may be going extinct because it is frequently picked up by fishers along with lobsters and crabs. The blob fish in inedible, (and I mean come on, who the heck would actually want to put something like that in their mouth anyway?) but it's safety is still at stake. I feel sorry for the chum who got got the pleasure of finding out first hand that this particular fish wasn't edible. My guess is that he was drunk, or at least I hope he was.

The blob fish lives at depth around 800m off the coasts of Australia, making it easy for fisherman to accidentally pick it up with other organisms.

For more information on this majestic, graceful, and beautiful fish please visit the following:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/7077472/Blobfish-worlds-most-miserable-looking-marine-animal-facing-exinction.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blobfish

No comments:

Post a Comment